past few years, and it's always fun to see if we guess correctly.
I scored 10/24 and Garrett got 7/24. We also made guesses for some other possible situations at the awards show:
- # of bombed jokes in the opening speech
- # of winners crying during their acceptance speech
- # of winners kicked off with the music cue (still can't believe they chose the theme music from "Jaws" for this)
- # of bleeps during speeched
- # of shots of George Clooney in the audience
- What time it ended
One of the best parts of the night was all the food puns that they used for the food.
"Mango Unchained" - Mango Juice or Mange Smoothie
"Life of Banana Karenina Pie" - Chocolate Banana Creme Pie
"Silver Linings Playbok Choy Salad" - Bok Choy Salad with noodles and dressing
"The Cobbit" - Mini Corn Cobs
"Joaquinoa Phoenix Salad" - Quinoa Salad
"Crepes aver Sirop Miserables" - Crepes with Maple Syrup
And of course I had to see all the dresses!
I'm not usually a fan of futuristic looks, but Naomi Watts looked stunning as always.
Jessica Chastain embodied Old Hollywood, with a gorgeous gown, soft waves and red lipstick.
It was such a fun night, celebrating all the successes of the film industry this year. I still haven't seen all the films they were nominated, but this encouraged me to watch them soon!